Board Clerk Vacancy
The Board of Overseers of the Bar seeks a motivated full-time attorney to serve as Board Clerk in its Augusta office. The Board Clerk staffs and fulfills the duties and responsibilities of the Central Intake Office including assisting members of the public and processing complaints. Key responsibilities include:
- Performing administrative duties associated with the processing of fee arbitration and grievance cases including docketing, scheduling, and hearing preparation.
- Providing legal and administrative support to members of the Grievance and Fee Arbitration Commissions.
- Extensive contact with the public, commission members, the office of Bar Counsel, and members of the legal community.
- Management of complex and highly confidential information.
- Training members of Grievance and Fee Arbitration Commissions on the rules and procedures of the Maine’s attorney regulatory system.
- Serving as faculty on continuing legal education programming for attorneys and commission members.
Ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal and speaking skills, research and writing skills, and the ability to prioritize and work effectively under strict deadlines. Preferred candidates must be admitted to the Maine Bar with a minimum of five years of experience.
The Board of Overseers of the Bar in an independent unit of the Supreme Judicial Court. As such, it is not a state agency. The salary range for the position is $55,000 to $60,000. The Board offers a comprehensive benefit package. All inquiries will be held in confidence. Applications will be accepted until February 13, 2017.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Jacqueline M. Rogers, Executive Director
Board of Overseers of the Bar
P O Box 527
Augusta, ME 04332