Board Clerk Vacancy
The Board of Overseers of the Bar seeks a motivated full-time attorney to serve as Board Clerk in its Augusta office. The Board Clerk also staffs and fulfills the duties and responsibilities of the Central Intake Office including assisting members of the public and processing complaints. Key responsibilities include:
- Docketing and evaluating fee arbitration petitions and grievance complaints.
- Scheduling fee arbitration and disciplinary hearings.
- Providing legal and administrative support to Grievance and Fee Arbitration Commissions members.
- Extensive contact with the public, commission members, the office of Bar Counsel, and members of the legal community.
- Management of complex and highly confidential information.
- Training members of Grievance and Fee Arbitration Commissions on the rules and procedures of Maine's attorney regulatory system.
- Serving as faculty on continuing legal education programming for attorneys and commission members.
The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal and speaking skills, research and writing skills, and the ability to prioritize and work effectively under strict deadlines.
Applicants must be active members in good standing of the Maine bar or be eligible for admission with a preferred minimum of five years of experience. The salary range for the position is $50,000 to $60,000. The Board offers an excellent benefits package. This is not a Judicial Branch or state agency position. The anticipated start date for employment is March 1, 2019.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Jacqueline Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is the close of business on January 31, 2019.